From 23rd-27th of May country leaders, representatives from international organizations, technical experts and civil society are convening the Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction in Bali, Indonesia. The event itself sets the stage to review progress of the United Nations Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030. The Sendai Framework commits countries to global indicators of disaster risk reduction, and works in conjunction with other major UN frameworks like the Sustainable Development Goals, and the Paris Agreement of the UN Convention on Climate Change.
MCII is directly contributing to the topic of Disaster Finance and risk-informed investments and development – one of the 6 main themes of the Global Platform. Through a series of live and virtual engagements MCII seeks to inform delegates and decision-makers on relevant work from climate and disaster finance and insurance as well as risk analytics. Most of the events happen at the jointly hosted exhibit of MCII, UNU-EHS and the ECA-network. Registered participants at the GP are able to follow the discussions and dialogues in person and virtually. The sessions will also be made available to unregistered participants through the MCII social media.
MCII Programme at GPDRR 2022:
Wednesday 25 May
- 09:00-10:00 WITA (03:00-04:00 CET) Welcome messages (virtual)
- 10:00-11:00 WITA (04:00-05:00 CET)The future of climate and disaster finance: policy perspectives (live)
- 11:00-12:00 WITA (05:00-06:00 CET) The state of adaptation finance for disaster risk reduction (virtual)
- 13:00-14:00 WITA (07:00-08:00 CET) Climate risk insurance (live)
Thursday 26 May
- 09:00-10:00 WITA (03:00-04:00 CET) Multi-actor partnership in climate disaster risk finance and insurance: Lessons learned and way forward (virtual)
- 12:00-13:00 WITA (06:00-07:00 CET) A strategic evidence roadmap: Strengthening DRR finance and risk-informed development
- 16:30-17:30 WITA (10:30-11:30 CET) Innovative solutions for DRR and climate change adaptation: Lessons learned from award winning projects (Munich Re Foundation) Register Here
Friday 27 May
- 09:00-10:00 WITA (03:00-04:00 CET) Experiences from Adaptive Social Protection (ASP) in Indonesia (virtual)
- 11:00-12:00 WITA (05:00-06:00 CET) DRR financing: Seeking synergies between anticipatory action and disaster finance (live)